Home » Venues and practical info
Venues and practical info
Venues and practical info
Special offers – Congress Card
All participants have the possibility to get a special “Congress Card” downloadable for free, valid for the whole stay in Florence during the congress or event. It provides special offers and discounted fees at museums, historical sites, shops, restaurants, wellness centers, golf clubs, bike rental stands, and car rental agencies. Other services at special rates comprise sightseeing tours, taxis, and airport transfer with private driver.
The Congress Card is not nominal and can be used by the participants as well as by anyone accompanying them. A further bonus is that it is also valid a few days prior to and after the congress date. Activating the Card is very easy: the congress participant needs only to select the event, download the pdf file with the card and the list of included services after a very quick registration and print it. The discount will be simply accorded by showing the Card!
This is the link to get the card: http://www.conventionbureau.it/tmpcardpage/en/congress-card.shtml
To start the registration form participants need only to click on “Download the congress card for the CONGRESS NAME” under the section titled in red The Florence Congress Card is valid for the following events.
Please note that the Conference will take place in different venues in the centre of Florence as follows:
- CONFERENCE VENUE – DAY 1 – September 21 – Palazzo Vecchio, Salone dei Cinquecento, Piazza della Signoria (Firenze)
- DINNER VENUE DAY 1 – September 21 – Mercato Centrale, Piazza del Mercato Centrale/Via dell’Ariento (Firenze)
- CONFERENCE VENUE – DAY 2 & DAY 3 – September 22-23 – Palazzo dei Congressi/Palazzo Affari, Piazza Adua (Firenze)
The Congress Centre is located near the central railway station of Santa Maria Novella
- DINNER VENUE DAY 2 – September 23 – Palazzo Borghese
Please contact your NSS/PSA for Information/instruction about accomodation.
Getting to Florence
- From the Amerigo Vespucci Airport of Florence: the shuttle service VOLAINBUS, provided by BUSITALIA – SITA Nord, will take you to the city centre (central railway station of Santa Maria Novella) in about 20 minutes; no intermediate stops are made except in the outskirts of the railway station.
- From the Airport of Pisa: there are connections by coach (http://www.pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_270.html) and by train (http://www.pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_269.html ) ; both coach and train will take you to the central railway station of Santa Maria Novella, right in the city centre of Florence, in about 1 hour.
- From other cities (e.g. Rome, Milan, Bologna): you can easily reach the central railway station of Florence from other cities, also by high-speed trains.
Moving around in Florence
- By bus or tram: many buses and tram T1 provide connections from all over the city to the central railway station of Santa Maria Novella. Official website of the city bus company ATAF: http://www.ataf.net/en/ataf.aspx?idC=2&LN=en-US
- By walk: in the city centre you can easily go from one side to another by walk.
Events and nightlife: